Project's period (from/to):
01 September 2016 - 31 August 2018
IO1 - Collection of Case Studies and Best Practices
Objectives of activities carried out:
- Involvement of schools.
- Participation in the preparation of the Teachers‘ and Students' Questionnaires, h. e. the giving comments, suggestions seeking to improve their quality.
- Translation the questionnaires from English into Greek.
- Group discussion with teachers and school staff, collection of the feedbacks and analysing them.
- Testing Students Questionnaires and Teachers/Staff Questionnaires.
- Collection of data on students and teachers/staff's awareness on human rights and intercultural issues in schools.
- Setting the methodology for Case Studies Collection.
- Collection of Case Studies.
- Selection of 2 best practices
- Writing of the Greek national report on students and teachers/staff's awareness on human rights and intercultural issues in schools
Description of activities carried out:
- Communication (by email, skype, phone, and individual meetings) with schools selected, explaining (clarifying) IHR context, target groups and main aims, activities.
- Translating from English into Greek the School Presentation Form and Participation Form to facilitate their understanding and filling in.
- Communication with the Ministry and the Pedagogical Institute in order to get the license to distribute questionnaires (after 3 months the Ministry has not responded yet)
a. Before the official submission, the Students Questionnaire and the Teachers Questionnaire have been tested to check the clarity of both questions & answers. Some problems have been mentioned by teachers.
b. Presentation of the IHR Students Questionnaire and Teacher/Staff Questionnaire in the private schools we were allowed to enter before the submission
c. Submission of the IHR Students Questionnaire and Teacher/Staff Questionnaire in the selected schools
d. Uploading of the questionnaires' responses in the On-line Tool
- Case studies collection:
a. Meetings of the Aristotle team to agree on the methodology to apply in the case studies collection
b. Support to teachers in filling in the Case studies templates
c. Meetings of the AUTh team to agree on the methodology to apply in the case studies collection
- Selection of 2 best practices
- Analysis of data collected through the IHR Students Questionnaire and Teacher/Staff Questionnaire in the selected schools and writing of the national report
- The definitive versions of Teachers‘ and Students‘ Questionnaires have been translated from English to Greek.
- Parental consent declaration written and sent to schools and the Ministry.
- 720 questionnaires collected. 151 from teachers and 569 from students.
- 10 Case studies and 2 best practices were collected, mainly from independent teachers. Upload of the case studies and best practices in the IHR portal.
- Production of the National report on students and teachers/staff's awareness on human rights and intercultural issues in schools.
- 2 best practices selected
- National report on students and teachers/staff's awareness on human rights and intercultural issues in schools and their evaluation
- Feedback on IO1 (through the questionnaires and the Evaluation Report)