Project's period (from/to):
01 September 2016 - 31 August 2018
IO2 - Guideline for Teachers on Inclusive Education
Objectives of activities carried out:
The aim is to produce a guideline for secondary school teachers In order to answer to their difficulties in managing multicultural classes.
The practical suggestions, contained in the Guidelines, will support teachers in:
- developing their intercultural competences
- strengthening their capacity to deal with a multicultural environment in their classes
- adopting new methods and tools while dealing with multicultural classes
- implementing innovative approaches to topics like multiculturalism with the objective to guide students in learning science through an interactive and proactive approach
- developing their students intercultural competences
The Guidelines are organized in 3 main modules:
1. Factual background
2. Responsibilities of teachers in a multicultural environment
3. Definition of teachers’ skills to become agents of change for an inclusive school
Description of activities carried out:
Pixel, in cooperation with University of Siena for the scientific contents, took care of the definition of the templates:
- IO2.A - Table of Contents
- IO2.B – Guidelines to create the chapter contents
Pixel supported all partners for the produciton of the draft version of all the guidelines.
Pixel created the forum and uploaded the draft version of the guideline on it.
Pixel uploaded the contents of the guideline on the project portal
The intellectual output has been completed and the guideline is available on the project portal